• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got curbstoned, or something like it (Arizona)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT
I responded to a Craigslist ad yesterday.
That was the biggest problem. Don't buy cars on Craigslist.
Are you Army Judge's disciple? :)

Nothing wrong with buying cars on Craigslist if you aren't some naive pigeon who falls prey to the con artist.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT
The dealer offered to give him a trade in offer - but obviously only suckers do trade-ins.
Obviously? Just why is that?
I'm guessing that was the seller's hype to lure the pigeon into the deal.

TommyT

"The dealer offered to give him a trade in offer - but obviously only suckers do trade-ins."

Those weren't his exact words. I don't remember his exact words, something like he would rather give the car to his brother than to get low-balled by a dealership. My point, by the end, is simply that he was posing as a private party who wouldn't fall prey to a dealership's tricks, when he owned a small used car lot across the street.

Even if the car turns out to be a fair deal or even a good deal in the long run - I feel wrong for having done business with this guy. And I emphasize the word IF

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">