• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Warranty But Dealer Has Replaced Engine Four Times

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auburn0921

I live in North Carolina and have recently purchased a 2005 Altima. I was told that the dealer had just gotten the car in the day before, however the local Nissan dealership had given it a clean bill of health. This was on a Friday. By Monday we realized that there was oil coming from the tail pipe. We went back to the dealer and he said he would replace the motor, no problem. He purchased a motor from an outside mechanic with a two yr warranty. So far, this motor has been replace 3 times, working on the fourth as of yesterday afternoon. I am fixing to make my second car payment on this car and have driven it maybe a total of three weeks off and on. By the way, we didn't have a payment for the first 30 days. The dealer has said that he has asked the mechanic just to refund his money for the engine and he will get one himself, the mechanic will not. Weather this is true or not, I do not know. This is what I am being told. The dealer seems to be doing everything possible to "make this right. However, this could be a bunch of "psychological" BS. My question is, once the dealer took responsibility for the engine did that void the "as is" warranty as far as the engine is concerned. All I would like at this point is to get my money back that I have invested and buy a car elsewhere. I have had a loaner car but the brakes are squealing and when I mention it to the dealer all they can say is "you will have yours back soon." Well, how do I know that, and that isn't gonna to help me any if I end up hitting someone in the rear because of these brakes. Not to mention, the loaner is a six cylinder and drinking gas like water. Thank you in advance for any advice.

OHRoadwarrior

I advise you to keep your mouth shut and let the dealer proceed as he is. It seems he is trying to make this "right" while minimizing his loss/burning his profit. He gave you a car to drive so stop complaining and hope it all works out. If it doesn't, enjoy your new car and THEN complain about the dealer not solving the problem in his own manner. If you saw the other motors installed, you know he isn't paying you lip service.

My fall back option would be for you to purchase an engine and get free installation by the dealer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">