• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about car dealerships in nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cb247

If a car dealership in nevada sells me a car that cant pass smog and they didnt tell me about it, can I get the contract voided and get my money back?

FlyingRon

If a car dealership in nevada sells me a car that cant pass smog and they didnt tell me about it, can I get the contract voided and get my money back?
Unlike California, Nevada puts the responsibility of smogging the vehicle on the owner(buyer). Unless the dealer made a representation that the car would pass inspection, you're likely out of luck. Most used cars are sold as-is. If you have a warranty, then perhpaps it is covered.

srk1217

smog in NV

This information should be located at the NV DMV page(s) online.
In CA the car cannot be sold without a valid smog certificate.
I'd surmise the same is true in NV.

Good luck with it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Good luck with it.
Your supposition is incorrect. Please don't guess at other states' laws.

ETA: Yeesh, 4 years, and you're still simply guessing :rolleyes:

FlyingRon

Good luck with it.
Dio you just spout off without bothering to think, research, or even bother to read the thread. As I stated in a post way prior to yours, NEVADA is a far cry from CALIFORNIA on this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">