• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was sold salvage title truck as clean title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leo123

Okay so I purchased a truck from this person as clean title with No issues, later I find out from car fax that the truck was a total loss & the miles on the dash where not the actual miles, but the thing is, the guy I got the truck from did not know it was salvage either, the truck was sold to him from a dealership as a clean title, is there anything i can do?

quincy

Okay so I purchased a truck from this person as clean title with No issues, later I find out from car fax that the truck was a total loss & the miles on the dash where not the actual miles, but the thing is, the guy I got the truck from did not know it was salvage either, the truck was sold to him from a dealership as a clean title, is there anything i can do?
What is the name of your state? Did you purchase the truck in your state or out of state?

There has been a problem with salvage vehicles (often damaged in floods) having their titles wiped. The vehicles are then transported to dealerships in different states where they are sold to unsuspecting buyers.

Buyers who do not have their own mechanics look at the vehicle prior to purchase are making a big mistake. Most of these vehicles will have their defects discovered on inspection.

If you know the dealership, you can report it to your state's attorney general.

quincy

As an additional note: Adjusting the odometer is against the law. It is odometer fraud. This, too, should be reported to your Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">