• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

case? insurance co gave out my info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I havent done Anything. I went to my insurance agent and said I want to insure a car and my daughter is going to drive it. The flippin Owner was who I was talking to. He said ok this is the best way to do it and everybody will be covered. after he was finished I told her what the amount was. So just what is it that u think I did Dumb pal?
If you are paying for the insurance in place of support...Did you have that noted in the court order? If not you may have a BIG issue at court.

try

She. Is. On. The. Policy.

She. Is. Actively. Driving.

Had you voluntarily given her a copy of everything, she wouldn't be taking you to court. Remind me: how are you so sure that her lawyer didn't subpeona those records? Are you aware that it would not be considered unreasonable for her lawyer to subpoena those records?

My legal advice is to get everything pertaining to her out of your name. She should be paying for her car and her car insurance herself.
I totally agree. she doesnt have a lawyer. And the girl that gave her the info admitted to me and the owner that she was just helping the ex out.

quincy

I totally agree. she doesnt have a lawyer. And the girl that gave her the info admitted to me and the owner that she was just helping the ex out.
Go to court with your agent and an attorney and hope everything you did was proper.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok so here is the deal. Im supposed to pay x amount a month. I pay $218 over that amount bc I bought her a car in lieu of the support. I showed her how much the car payments were and how much insurance cost. But she called herself to the insurance co. told them that she just wanted to check how much I am really paying. I worked it out with the co. to put her primary on one of my older vehicales and insured me on the car she drives to bring the cost down. And yes it is the price I told her. But when the lady gave her the info she took it as Im only paying for her driving on the older vehical. She is too dumb to realize that u have to add that to the cost of me insuring her car also. So she thought I wasnt paying what I said and is now taking me back to court for me to have to prove what Im paying is correct. So its costing me legal fees and court cost to prove this. I do not think that is right?
I havent done Anything. I went to my insurance agent and said I want to insure a car and my daughter is going to drive it. The flippin Owner was who I was talking to. He said ok this is the best way to do it and everybody will be covered. after he was finished I told her what the amount was. So just what is it that u think I did Dumb pal?
Right here you admit to lying to the insurance company. You bought the car for your ex and your ex is driving it, not your daughter.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you are paying for the insurance in place of support...Did you have that noted in the court order? If not you may have a BIG issue at court.
Yep - the OP can look forward to having to pay arrears on the support that he has NOT been paying all this time.

try

Right here you admit to lying to the insurance company. You bought the car for your ex and your ex is driving it, not your daughter.
NO NO NO! the ex isnt driving the car or on the policy. just me and my daughter

quincy

Try really should have an attorney in his area review the facts.

If Try provided false information to his agent, it is a problem for Try. If his insurance agent had the correct information and recommended the policy be written as it is, the agent will need to explain his reasons for doing so - and if Try relied on his agent's advice, it becomes a problem for the agent, not Try, if the policy was written incorrectly.

Not sure what else Try needs to know. Berating him, however, does not seem helpful.

try

If Try provided false information to his agent, it is a problem for Try. If his insurance agent had the correct information and recommended the policy be written as it is, the agent will need to explain his reasons for doing so - and if Try relied on his agent's advice, it becomes a problem for the agent, not Try, if the policy was written incorrectly.

Not sure what else Try needs to know. Berating him, however, does not seem helpful.
thanks, all i wanted to know is if it is legal for an insurance co to give Anyone your info if they are not on the policy. that all i need to know

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your ex is entitled to the policy information on any car she drives.

If your daughter is a minor and is also your ex's daughter, I believe (but will leave for Jack to confirm) that your ex is also entitled to the policy information on any car your daughter drives.

Just Blue

Where was OP berated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">