• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

customers dialing wrong number to my business & person telling I'm out of business???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

customers dialing wrong number to my business & person telling I'm out of business???

What is the name of your state? NC

Short and simple. I opened up my takeout and delivery restaurant and just started running a commercial on TV. the commercial is working giving me new business but some people are dialing the wrong number that is very similar to mine and when the person answers at the wrong number...they say that we are closed up and out of business??? I have had many people call me and told me this after they dialed the right number and talked to me. I have herd of this happening before but didn't know the number being dialed till now...a customer looked up the wrong number they dialed in there phone. I would like to post it here for all to call and here the very nasty man on the other end!!! I haven't called it yet, so he doesn't know that I know what he is saying/doing about my business.

is there anything I can do about this situation???? He has to be hurting my business.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

The Occultist

Until you've contacted the person and assured them that you are still in business, you have little recourse; as long as he can claim that he thought you were closed, it would be very difficult to pursue legal action against him.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? NC

Short and simple. I opened up my takeout and delivery restaurant and just started running a commercial on TV. the commercial is working giving me new business but some people are dialing the wrong number that is very similar to mine and when the person answers at the wrong number...they say that we are closed up and out of business??? I have had many people call me and told me this after they dialed the right number and talked to me. I have herd of this happening before but didn't know the number being dialed till now...a customer looked up the wrong number they dialed in there phone. I would like to post it here for all to call and here the very nasty man on the other end!!! I haven't called it yet, so he doesn't know that I know what he is saying/doing about my business.

is there anything I can do about this situation???? He has to be hurting my business.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
http://www.ncbusinesscourt.net/opinions/2003 NCBC 1.htm

Read Section IV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">