• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

urban legend complaint online content advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floodrod

What is the name of your state? Operated in PA, complaint from michigan

I have a writer for a website in which I own who posted an article telling the story of a suicide that may have taken place in the 1970's at a child camp.

I have received an e-mail from the camp director threatening me to remove it because it is an urban legend. I have since altered the text to state that the story is an urban legend, but I did not remove the content.

Do I have the right to post an urban legend of a particular facility? Can the facility legaLLy prevent me from posting an urban legend?

Thanks

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Operated in PA, complaint from michigan

I have a writer for a website in which I own who posted an article telling the story of a suicide that may have taken place in the 1970's at a child camp.

I have received an e-mail from the camp director threatening me to remove it because it is an urban legend. I have since altered the text to state that the story is an urban legend, but I did not remove the content.
o.k.
Do I have the right to post an urban legend of a particular facility?
Of course you do.
Can the facility legaLLy prevent me from posting an urban legend?

Thanks
Of course they can. It's called a lawsuit.

Some Random Guy

And since you now have information that the posting is untrue and possibly defamatory, why not take the extremely simple step of changing the name of the camp to "Camp X"? Or do you want to keep the original name because you want to profit through increased viewship from the bad publicity you are giving to the camp owners?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">