• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be with her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo487

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - Arkansas
Gonna make this a short and simple question. Is it legal for me, a 20 year old to be in a sexual relationship with someone unrelated by blood and is 16 years old.
We truly love each other and want to be together but this is really worrying me and I don't want to be seen as some kind of rapist ...
From what I've seen online I think I'm alright, I just want to make 100% sure for obvious reasons.
Any and all advice is appreciated - thanks

PayrollHRGuy

The age of consent is 16 in Arkansas. That clears you from any statutory rape charge as long as you didn't have sex before she was 16.

That doesn't mean the parents can't take steps to make sure you don't see the young lady until she is 18 or just shoot you and deal with the consequences.

mojo487

The age of consent is 16 in Arkansas. That clears you from any statutory rape charge as long as you didn't have sex before she was 16.

That doesn't mean the parents can't take steps to make sure you don't see the young lady until she is 18 or just shoot you and deal with the consequences.
Awesome to hear :) thank you for shedding that light. To shed some truth - And this is really gonna make me sound like a hick from Arkansas but OUR parents are already ok with it LOL. (she's my step sister)

xylene

Awesome to hear :) thank you for shedding that light. To shed some truth - And this is really gonna make me sound like a hick from Arkansas but OUR parents are already ok with it LOL. (she's my step sister)

That's not legal. That's incest.

Just Blue

Charming. She can be barefoot and preggers before she finishes highschool and her parents are good with it. You are all idiots.

mojo487

That's not legal. That's incest.
Incest: sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
the crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.

We haven't seen each other in 7 years. we love each other not much can get in the way of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

mojo487

I didn't come here for opinions, I came here for legitimate facts about whether or not this is legal because we're in love. Thank you to those doing exactly that

HRZ

Absent a blood relationship I am not aware of a problem ....there might been one under old Catholic view in Spain but you didn't ask about history .

xylene

Absent a blood relationship I am not aware of a problem ....there might been one under old Catholic view in Spain but you didn't ask about history .
Um really? Like 1 second of interneting can tel you otehrwise Step siblings is incest. As it is in most states

Legally, in Arkansas that's a C Felony.

gross incest troll said:
Incest: sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
That's you. And your teen step sibling. :rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If, at the age of 20, you are finding equitable companionship with someone who is 16, what that says about you is not exactly something to brag about.

Just Blue

If, at the age of 20, you are finding equitable companionship with someone who is 16, what that says about you is not exactly something to brag about.
It does. This little girl is getting quite the package (no pun intended)....a filthy mouthed guy who can't attract a woman his own age.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
<spit> Why would anyone expect more from Arkansans?

HRZ

Let's deal in fact....and the Arkansas law addresses blood relationships "(3) A brother or sister of the whole or half blood ". ...if the OP is correct and there is no common blood ...it's not incest ...if there is common blood , even 1 cousins , in Arkansas....they have jail cells for both

. What we think of sex with a 16 year old doesn't matter ...the law in Arkansas matters .....and for that matter winters must get cold in New Hampshire as they allow girls as young as 13 to get married if parents consent and attempts to change the NH law failed. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">