• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Common Law Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omegawife1

What is the name of your state? Texas
My boyfriend and his daughter moved in with me last May. I am now buying a house. I was told that he must sign at closing of the house. I obtained the loan for the house, which I had planned to get long before they moved in. Now I am hesitant to go through with buying this house because I am scared that under the Texas Common Law Marriage Law, I will lose my house to this person. I want to know how I can protect myself, my home and assets? Does he have to sign at closing? I don't want it to be this way, but at the same time I don't know if this is the guy that I plan to be with for the rest of my life and neither does he, as we are having difficulties in our relationship. Please Help!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">