• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating legalities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousWind

So it didn't post what I had typed out after previewing

Nebraska laws. She is currently 17 and I am currently 21. Is it legal for me to be with her? Also what is the consent laws bound by our age grouping?

CdwJava

As long as the 21 year old is not in a position of authority over you (such as a teacher), then it's legal to have sex with her. However, your mom and dad are free to ground you and even to prohibit your contact with her should they choose to do so.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
As long as the 21 year old is not in a position of authority over you (such as a teacher), then it's legal to have sex with her. However, your mom and dad are free to ground you and even to prohibit your contact with her should they choose to do so.
You have it reversed, Carl. The OP’s parents cannot ground her or prohibit her from contacting her girlfriend because the OP is 21. :D

CdwJava

You have it reversed, Carl. The OP’s parents cannot ground her or prohibit her from contacting her girlfriend because the OP is 21. :D
Oops! Okay ... flip it ... the 17 year old's parents can prevent access.

... Pain meds ... post surgery ... I'll blame it on Norco. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">