• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dna testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The potential dad can refuse to take a DNA test. But he could find himself having to pay child support for a child that is not his own then.

If would-be dad wants to send someone in his place, that someone will need to present ID and sign an authorization form for the DNA testing, which can be a problem for the imposter.

And if the test results are challenged and discovered to be fraudulent, I agree with Bambi that both "dads" can be charged.

I can't imagine someone would be willing to take the test for someone else, no matter how good of a friend.

Just Blue

The potential dad can refuse to take a DNA test. But he could find himself having to pay child support for a child that is not his own then.

If would-be dad wants to send someone in his place, that someone will need to present ID and sign an authorization form for the DNA testing, which can be a problem for the imposter.

And if the test results are challenged and discovered to be fraudulent, I agree with Bambi that both "dads" can be charged.

I can't imagine someone would be willing to take the test for someone else, no matter how good of a friend.
To assist someone in defrauding a child of support is a really terrible thing to do.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
By place I meant someone posed as the individual ordered to take the test
That would be "fraud".

Use your google-fu and search for "consequences of fraud" or "abetting in violating a court order" and other such phrases.

Yes, if you knowingly help someone foil a court ordered DNA test, you are guilty of abetting a crime. Depending on circumstances, there can be negative legal consequences if caught.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What would be *really* amusing? If "I don't want to be a Daddy" inadvertently had the real daddy help him fool the DNA test. Oops! Either support a child not his or admit to fraud. LOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">