• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Torre

Would like to get an explanation of the emancipation process in Louisiana, and list of valid reasons the judge would grant emancipation or list of reasons they would not, either one.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
List of reasons a judge will not emancipate a minor - just about every reason I've ever seen in these forums, including any and all descriptions of bad home life and insane, abusive, neglectful parents.

List of reasons a judge who is in a really good mood might emancipate a minor who meets all the other qualifications - my parents were both killed in a car crash and I need the legal ability to sign contracts so that I can get the light bill changed into my name and pay the rent and take care of my younger siblings.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Would like to get an explanation of the emancipation process in Louisiana, and list of valid reasons the judge would grant emancipation or list of reasons they would not, either one.
One aspect of swinging an emancipation decision in your direction would be adequate maturity to do one's own research.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">