• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hadramb

I had been living with my senior father for the past 4 years. He is a 100% disabled veteran who makes a pension monthly. My dad wanted to get me a car and pay for it so he had been making payments on it for me for the past 3 years, I had not paid a dime on the car. Within the last 3 months my dad began showing extreme signs of Alzheimer’s and I was not able to care for him on my own. My uncle began to get involved and basically took my dad away to live with him. At the time my dad and myself and my little brother were all in an apartment lease until this June 2018. My uncle told me that since my father was no longer living there with us that he can no longer spend his money at that apartment. He said that if the car that my dad bought is not in my dads possession than my dad can’t pay for it. Believing this to be true I let my uncle take the car because I could not afford it, my dad was making the payments. And this forced my little brother and myself to prematurely break our lease, since we couldn’t pay rent without my dad. Causing me to lose my $2600 deposit on my apartment. My uncle stated that the VA was going to handle everything but my leasing office had not heard anything about the situation. My uncle is refusing to reimburse me for my lost deposit and will not let my dad continue to pay for the car if it is in my possession. I just want to know if I have any chance on getting the car back that my dad had agreed to pay for and if I can get my $2600 deposit back from my uncle since he took my dad and his money and wouldn’t let us pay rent. Please help with anything I am desperate.

PayrollHRGuy

And the uncle has every right to not send in the checks to make the payments.

I am curious why the OP thinks her father should continue to support her.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Then its your car and you have every right to have it in your possession.
Slow your roll there...you don't now for sure (1) IF the OP is on title or (2) HOW the OP is on title if s/he is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">