• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiance Seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe645

I have a neighbor here in Nevada, who recently had his fiance up and leave him taking a vehicle whose title was in both names as A "or" B. He now wants to remove her from the title and get the vehicle back. He paid for it. She has left the state. I understand he can go to local DMV and remove her from title but how does he have to proceed to get the vehicle back?

Just Blue

I have a neighbor here in Nevada, who recently had his fiance up and leave him taking a vehicle whose title was in both names as A "or" B. He now wants to remove her from the title and get the vehicle back. He paid for it. She has left the state. I understand he can go to local DMV and remove her from title but how does he have to proceed to get the vehicle back?
He should consult with an attorney. IF he wants he might even sign up with his own user name to ask FA.

joe645

He should consult with an attorney. IF he wants he might even sign up with his own user name to ask FA.
Thanks, he would do so if he was able. Unfortunately, he is one of those rare individuals that refuses to be swallowed up in the technology revolution and does not own a computer.

Just Blue

Thanks, he would do so if he was able. Unfortunately, he is one of those rare individuals that refuses to be swallowed up in the technology revolution and does not own a computer.
Oh he is not that much of a rarity!! But there is computers at libraries and such he could use...or even... gasp...yours!!

Okay..So he should just hire an attorney. If he cares about this issue...then...yeah. That is what he should do. :)

Have a nice weekend

Bambi;)

Just Blue

BTW Joe...You might want to not get all up in everyone else's legal issues.

PxHx.

joe645

BTW Joe...You might want to not get all up in everyone else's legal issues.

PxHx.
Again unfortunately as an ex-law enforcement officer this sometimes is unavoidable. Truthfully, his issue is not that complicated from a legal standpoint. In Nevada, he can remove her name from the title and transfer it to his name only. After that he can seek competent legal advice from someone in Consumer Law as you indicated.

Just Blue

Again unfortunately as an ex-law enforcement officer this sometimes is unavoidable. Truthfully, his issue is not that complicated from a legal standpoint. In Nevada, he can remove her name from the title and transfer it to his name only. After that he can seek competent legal advice from someone in Consumer Law as you indicated.
One would think st a former LEO you would not post others issues on the net. :(

LdiJ

Who has been making the car payments? If she is the one who has been making the payments he can expect to be sued for unjust enrichment if he does that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So why did you not simply tell him that, rather than posting his business?

joe645

So why did you not simply tell him that, rather than posting his business?
Because, I wasn't sure about what he could legally do after. Laws differ from state to state and I did not serve in NV.

I will say this. I didn't come up to this forum to get chastised so let's just close the thread and I will go elsewhere.

Last edited:

joe645

Who has been making the car payments? If she is the one who has been making the payments he can expect to be sued for unjust enrichment if he does that.
Respectfully answering your inquiry. The auto is fully paid for. She is only on the insurance policy and has been notified she is no longer on the title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">