• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Responsibility for Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamrudy

What is the name of your state?
Florida
What is the legal financial responsibility of a husband to his wife in Florida if they have a pre-nuptial agreement? Mom is now living with me, and her husband is in a nursing home in Florida. Is he legally responsible in any way for her medical or care bills?

nextwife

First, we have no idea what they agreed upon in their prenup.

Normally, spouses are responsible for each other's bills. She for his, he for hers.

VeronicaGia

pamrudy said:
What is the name of your state?
Florida
What is the legal financial responsibility of a husband to his wife in Florida if they have a pre-nuptial agreement? Mom is now living with me, and her husband is in a nursing home in Florida. Is he legally responsible in any way for her medical or care bills?
Not to mention the fact that you don't tell us why he's in a nursing home. If he is incapacitated, what do you want him to do? If he cannot help himself, how is he going to help her? Besides, you are not responsible for her bills.

nextwife

Isn't she signed up for a medicare suppliment and on medicare? How old is Mom? My mom worked part time in order to have medical until she was 70.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">