• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a case for medical negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Perhaps. Not in a patient's room, however. A cell phone is a reasonable assumption.

Because Alissa apparently now is in, and had previously been in, the hospital after surgical treatment for whatever it was that brought her to the ER (probably not "subsets genitive" ;)), an ER doctor is unlikely to be found negligent.

ER doctors are not held to the same standard of care as another physician might be. The role of an ER doctor is not to rule out all possible diagnoses but rather to evaluate and stabilize a patient. Unless the patient's condition warrants immediate hospitalization, an ER doctor will release the patient to the care of his/her own doctor. It is the patient's responsibility to seek follow up care.
12 years ago lil'blu was in the hospital for 3 days...in her room we had a computer. Perhaps it's a Mass thing.

Just Blue

Perhaps. Not in a patient's room, however. A cell phone is a reasonable assumption.

Because Alissa apparently now is in, and had previously been in, the hospital after surgical treatment for whatever it was that brought her to the ER, an ER doctor is unlikely to be found negligent.

ER doctors are not held to the same standard of care as another physician might be. The role of an ER doctor is not to rule out all possible diagnoses but rather to evaluate and stabilize a patient. Unless the patient's condition warrants immediate hospitalization, an ER doctor will release the patient to the care of his/her own doctor. It is the patient's responsibility to seek follow up care.

Your guess is better than any I can make, CTU. I find "subsets genitive" nowhere.
I would like to know what the OP means by homeless.

quincy

12 years ago lil'blu was in the hospital for 3 days...in her room we had a computer. Perhaps it's a Mass thing.
Weird. None of the hospital rooms I am familiar with have computers in the rooms for use by patients. A patient potentially could bring in their own laptop, though.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Because Alissa apparently now is in, and had previously been in, the hospital after surgical treatment for whatever it was that brought her to the ER, an ER doctor is unlikely to be found negligent.

Your guess is better than any I can make, CTU. I find "subsets genitive" nowhere.
Even our hospitals in Bama have guest wireless networks that reach just about everywhere. :cool:

LdiJ

Even our hospitals in Bama have guest wireless networks that reach just about everywhere. :cool:
Yep, ours too. They aren't necessarily very fast but they are there.

Interesting tid bit...

Our firm has guest internet and then is also a hot spot for a national service. I have that national service at home. I get better service at work using my home service than our firm guest service...go figure.

PayrollHRGuy

I believe what Quincy is saying is that few if any hospitals have computers in the rooms for patients to use to access the internet. So this poor, homeless person has either has a smart phone or a computer.

Just Blue

I believe what Quincy is saying is that few if any hospitals have computers in the rooms for patients to use to access the internet. So this poor, homeless person has either has a smart phone or a computer.
I know what Quincy is saying. I'm saying that may not be the case.

quincy

You're right, PayrollHRGuy. That is what I was saying.

My experience is fairly recent, with two different "top" hospitals, one in New Jersey and one in Michigan. No computers in the rooms.

(My posts bumping spam off the main board.)

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You're right, PayrollHRGuy. That is what I was saying.

My experience is fairly recent, with two different "top" hospitals, one in New Jersey and one in Michigan. No computers in the rooms.

(My posts bumping spam off the main board.)
The PCs in the hospitals rooms in the nationwide hospital association I am familiar with are for the staff, not the patients. (And they are not really PCs; they are dumb terminals. Without a login, they are useless). :cool:

quincy

The PCs in the hospitals rooms in the nationwide hospital association I am familiar with are for the staff, not the patients. (And they are not really PCs; they are dumb terminals. Without a login, they are useless). :cool:
Right. Both of the hospitals I visited this past year had computers for staff use but not for patient use. We used cell phones in the rooms - and I suppose we could have used laptops (but didn't).

ecmst12

Children's hospitals often have computers in patient rooms for the kids to play on. They take extra steps to provide comfort and distraction for sick kids.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I visited CTU in the hospital, in Washington state, a few years ago. The only computer in her room was the one I brought with me. The computer in the visitor's lounge down the hall, however, was for anyone who wanted to use it.

xylene

Are you Guys like way into Glennn Beck or something? Seriously. You can be homeless and have a smart phone. A cell phone is indispensable for work or or finding work and for communication. Smart phone cost less than housing like by a lot, by many times less even in places with low rents. And you'd still need a smart phone.

Negligent discharge is a real reason to pursue a med mal case. And the individual patient's situation matters in determining that. And if the patient didn't receive instructions for wound care after cranial surgery and there was subsequently an infection of bone, that's almost certainly an issue that needs to be looked into on it's face, whatever the economic status of the patient.

quincy

Are you Guys like way into Glennn Beck or something? Seriously. You can be homeless and have a smart phone. A cell phone is indispensable for work or or finding work and for communication. Smart phone cost less than housing like by a lot, by many times less even in places with low rents. And you'd still need a smart phone.

Negligent discharge is a real reason to pursue a med mal case. And the individual patient's situation matters in determining that. And if the patient didn't receive instructions for wound care after cranial surgery and there was subsequently an infection of bone, that's almost certainly an issue that needs to be looked into on it's face, whatever the economic status of the patient.
If allissa2dope wants to return to explain what subsets genitive is, I might be willing to think that there was negligence on the part of the ER doctor for not diagnosing it.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I visited CTU in the hospital, in Washington state, a few years ago. The only computer in her room was the one I brought with me. The computer in the visitor's lounge down the hall, however, was for anyone who wanted to use it.
*waves* :D:D:D:p

I remember that so well.

Okay, I really don't. I remember about 1/100th of that particular hospitalization lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">