• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital refuses to record injury my Mom sustained while a patient

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is not, however ANY evidence that the care the OP's mother was negligent. It is possible for there to be injury, including facial trauma, without there having been any negligence. Since the hospital is barred by Federal law by showing the chart to the OP, the OP does not know what has been documented - he knows only that one doctor stated that the fall had not been documented. Which could mean that it isn't, or could mean that the doctor was mistaken, or could mean that it's been documented since the doctor last looked.

I don't know that there wasn't any negligence but I don't know that there was. I don't know what was or was not documented but there's no proof either way. It's impossible to say for certain, in either direction.

And neither does anyone else here, no matter what their past experience has been or what they "feel".

CdwJava

I cannot blame her a whole lot. I was in the hospital for 11 days almost 2 years ago and my care was very spotty. I got great care some days, really horrible care other days and medium care the rest. It all depended on who was on duty. I had my sister advocating for me and on one of the really horrible days she had to go to the hospital administrator.

When you are helpless and being ignored it is really traumatic. If you are helpless, 90 years old and possibly dealing with some dementia, it must seem like one of Dante's circles of hell if you are being ignored.
While there are most certainly problems with everything in life (particularly something involving patients that have needs and staff that must divide themselves among a half dozen or more patients of similar needs), to castigate and disparage quite literally EVERYONE in a particular profession or field of endeavor as a result of a bad experience is is wrong.

LdiJ

While there are most certainly problems with everything in life (particularly something involving patients that have needs and staff that must divide themselves among a half dozen or more patients of similar needs), to castigate and disparage quite literally EVERYONE in a particular profession or field of endeavor as a result of a bad experience is is wrong.
That is true, but I can still understand why someone might feel that way, whether I agree with them or not.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What's obvious to me is many of the posters have not EVER worked in a hospital or have any close family members who have. :cool:

CdwJava

That is true, but I can still understand why someone might feel that way, whether I agree with them or not.
There are a great many people who act out irrationally, but that doesn't excuse them.

Would I be justified in disparaging an entire race of people because I was stabbed as a youth? I suspect I'd be hung out to dry if I even tried. Likewise, on professions/careers (a college professor neighbor molested dozens of the kids I grew up with and his peers and local government officials stuck up for him at his trial). All because one's experience is tainted by a bad experience or two doesn't excuse us from disparaging everyone in that race, profession, city, or state as a result.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
True... I can agree with that because after seeing what you post, I have very little faith in anyone who calls themselves a "tax professional".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">