• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death Lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is not a debate board. You asked questions, and you received answers.

There appears to be rather compelling evidence that you disagree with what you've been told....

...otherwise we wouldn't have a 3-page long thread.

Then why did you even post? Seriously. This is not brain surgery. It's a very simple process: you list the relevant information, ask your question, and receive responses based upon what you've written.

But when you didn't receive the answer you want, you disagreed because we don't have all of the information with which to make such a conclusion.

What exactly did you expect to happen here?

That is painfully obvious. What amazes the rest of us is why you keep posting. You do not agree with what you've read, you've obviously decided that we are all in the wrong, but yet you still insist on posting for no reason other than to keep flogging a dead horse which has been due for a visit to the glue factory for at least 2 of the 3 pages in this thread.

Please.

Stop.

You have been answered by professionals, laymen and those who have spent many years either studying the field or have amassed considerable experience within that field. You decided to check credentials now because....why? You didn't hear what you wanted to hear? So we would have been deemed perfectly credible if the answer had been "yes, you have a case, sue them for $12.3 million dollars"?

That's ok. It's pointless. There is really only one reason you would post back; to either have the last word (many posters end up having apparently chronic cases of lastworditis), or to confirm what I predict will happen: you will regale us with the tale of an attorney who has taken your case and is adamant you'll be successful in court.

Either way, good luck to you and your family.
Boy, are you God? Accusing me of being a liar & saying that I will come back to report that we will have a successful case in court no matter what. That's uncalled for here! I'm a man of faith & God will guide me through no matter what happens.

You are so wrong in your statement about me & I don't care anymore what you or anybody else thinks. I will not be back here anymore to post no matter what the case. Since we absolutely have nothing then why bother, right?

You ain't worth my time anymore. God Bless you & if you don't have God you certainly need him. You guys get defensive about things & it's obvious throughout all the threads. You can't take someone to stand up for themselves at all. You may be experts(highly doubt it) but there's no kindness at heart here on these boards.

I don't care anymore because this place isn't worth my time coming back to say anything else. Good Luck with life & hope you have or get God into your life. This is sad reactions & behavior to see from a board of this type. I'll be sure to tell all I know to avoid this place when losing a loved one! God Bless You! :) BTW, getting the last word isn't a part of me because I allow God to take care of that!

gr8rn

I just read this entire thread; I am sorry for your loss, but truly, a "major" anastamotic leak would have been clearly evident way before the 8 days it took for your father to take a turn...JMO.

Update:

Said I wouldn't come back to report but wanted to provide this for others in similar situations. We met with the lawyer yesterday & his opinion was that the "burden of proof" for negligence/wrongful death couldn't be met. He consulted with a few medical experts & nurses to come to the decision.

He also met with two docs in the esophageal cancer field. There opinions were the same as pretty much everyone here on the forums. Our dad did die from a "known" complication of this surgery type. That is the identifying factor in not pursuing a malpractice claim he stated. He said there was some questions in regards to doctor error but to prove that would be too difficult.

Anyhow, no hard feelings to the ones I bickered with on the boards & thanks for everyone's sympathy. Now, we can go on knowing that it was just God's will to take our Dad home. Thanks again for all's feedback on this situation. Please, no I told you so stories here.

I respect all the expert opinions provided in this thread. Sorry for the bickering but we are a hurt family but things will get better now that we some type closure. Thanks! :)

Proserpina

Update:

Said I wouldn't come back to report but wanted to provide this for others in similar situations. We met with the lawyer yesterday & his opinion was that the "burden of proof" for negligence/wrongful death couldn't be met. He consulted with a few medical experts & nurses to come to the decision.

He also met with two docs in the esophageal cancer field. There opinions were the same as pretty much everyone here on the forums. Our dad did die from a "known" complication of this surgery type. That is the identifying factor in not pursuing a malpractice claim he stated. He said there was some questions in regards to doctor error but to prove that would be too difficult.

Anyhow, no hard feelings to the ones I bickered with on the boards & thanks for everyone's sympathy. Now, we can go on knowing that it was just God's will to take our Dad home. Thanks again for all's feedback on this situation. Please, no I told you so stories here.

I respect all the expert opinions provided in this thread. Sorry for the bickering but we are a hurt family but things will get better now that we some type closure. Thanks! :)
Thank you for returning and posting with graciousness :)

>Charlotte<

Lurker
you will regale us with the tale of an attorney who has taken your case and is adamant you'll be successful in court.
I didn't post that, but I thought it. I was sure you were going to claim you had lawyers lining up at the door to take your case or that the doctor had offered to settle.

I owe you an apology, sir. You have integrity.

I'm sorry for everything you've been through, but I hope this gives you closure.

Proserpina

I didn't post that, but I thought it. I was sure you were going to claim you had lawyers lining up at the door to take your case or that the doctor had offered to settle.

I owe you an apology, sir. You have integrity.

I'm sorry for everything you've been through, but I hope this gives you closure.
I am the guilty one - and ditto everything else :)

Proserpina

I hope you understand I wasn't taking a shot at you, I just had to quote you because you're the one I had agreed with.

I think we're getting way too cynical, Dog.
Oh I know you weren't :)

It's actually quite horrid that we have become so jaded; we're immediately suspicious in a tragically high number of instances :(

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Then again, in another thread some guy wants to know how he can get a little money for himself because his 12 year old was seriously injured by a baseball bat so, you know, sometimes...

I understand guys & gals! I was just hurting inside & out. I still do but being a man of faith I know coming back to let members know is the right thing to do. I apologize if I offended anyone by sounding so hateful/arrogant with some of my posts.

It wasn't intended that way. Thanks again for all the help & information. You guys knew what you were talking about while I was in denial & hurting. I'm sure I'm not the only person coming to these boards in this shape though. :)

Proserpina

I understand guys & gals! I was just hurting inside & out. I still do but being a man of faith I know coming back to let members know is the right thing to do. I apologize if I offended anyone by sounding so hateful/arrogant with some of my posts.

It wasn't intended that way. Thanks again for all the help & information. You guys knew what you were talking about while I was in denial & hurting. I'm sure I'm not the only person coming to these boards in this shape though. :)
Y'know if this continues I'll start getting a reputation for having feelings :eek:

Thank you for posting this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">