• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spinal cord stim implant mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

giterdun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX, I was given a 5 day trial for a spinal cord implant device, the trial malfunctioned on the second night, the leads almost came out, I notified the medtronic rep and was instructed to make a Drs appt asap. At the appt a few days later the nurse pulled off the bandages and said yes your leads are almost out. So later on I found out she lied on the paperwork saying my trial lasted 5 days and I had complete 100% pain relief, so the Dr did the perm implant. The perm implant was not working, Medtronic tried various programs and was not successful. They referred me back to the Dr who did an Xray and all was ok. He asked me how the trial worked but the perm one does not, I said the trial did not work, he was shocked and looked at the nurses report, this was also my first time to review the report. The nurse lied and left out important info. The dr said he would have never gone to surgery with a questionable trial, but he did not know and neither did I. I need a lawyer to help me, I still have the perm implant and I need it taken out.

She stated I had 100% pain relief and but also stated I did not discontinue or reduce my medication. So if I had 100% relief why did I continue to take my medication? Also the Dr has now changed his protocol and required all patients to sign off on the nurses report. If I had seen the report I would would have asked questions before the surgery was done.

Please help me find a lawyer who would take this case, I am disabled and on a fixed income.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX, I was given a 5 day trial for a spinal cord implant device, the trial malfunctioned on the second night, the leads almost came out, I notified the medtronic rep and was instructed to make a Drs appt asap. At the appt a few days later the nurse pulled off the bandages and said yes your leads are almost out. So later on I found out she lied on the paperwork saying my trial lasted 5 days and I had complete 100% pain relief, so the Dr did the perm implant. The perm implant was not working, Medtronic tried various programs and was not successful. They referred me back to the Dr who did an Xray and all was ok. He asked me how the trial worked but the perm one does not, I said the trial did not work, he was shocked and looked at the nurses report, this was also my first time to review the report. The nurse lied and left out important info. The dr said he would have never gone to surgery with a questionable trial, but he did not know and neither did I. I need a lawyer to help me, I still have the perm implant and I need it taken out.

She stated I had 100% pain relief and but also stated I did not discontinue or reduce my medication. So if I had 100% relief why did I continue to take my medication? Also the Dr has now changed his protocol and required all patients to sign off on the nurses report. If I had seen the report I would would have asked questions before the surgery was done.

Please help me find a lawyer who would take this case, I am disabled and on a fixed income.
I agree you need a medical malpractice attorney. We do not provide referrals on this forum, however. You can look for a medical malpractice attorney through your state or local Bar Association or you can try to locate a medical malpractice attorney in your area by going to AttorneyPages.com.

Medical malpractice attorneys generally work on a contingency basis - you pay the attorney a percentage of the damages awarded you in a successful case. Initial consultations are free.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">