• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BAH DIF Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmontano3121

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi I am in California with my Fiance who is in the USMC. We are getting married next year and figuring our finances. He has a 4 year old and an ex wife. He is currently receiving BAH with DIF. We are wondering if when I am in DEERs and his BAH with DIF changes to BAH with will his ex wife be entitled to his BAH?
He pays child support but we want to know if we will have to pay her more on top of that.

Any help on this subject will help.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi I am in California with my Fiance who is in the USMC. We are getting married next year and figuring our finances. He has a 4 year old and an ex wife. He is currently receiving BAH with DIF. We are wondering if when I am in DEERs and his BAH with DIF changes to BAH with will his ex wife be entitled to his BAH?
He pays child support but we want to know if we will have to pay her more on top of that.

Any help on this subject will help.

What I have always understood was that BAH was included in the child support calculation.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
His child support obligation won't automatically go up, but his ex may certainly choose to petition the court for an increase in CS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">