• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get an unbiased option of my subdivision rules?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeramia

Missouri.

I have applied for and been granted a building permit for a shed. I was called a day later and was told it had been revoked stating subdivision rules, even thought my city does not get envolved with subdivision issues. I would like an unbiased person to interpret the rules.

quincy

Missouri.

I have applied for and been granted a building permit for a shed. I was called a day later and was told it had been revoked stating subdivision rules, even thought my city does not get envolved with subdivision issues. I would like an unbiased person to interpret the rules.
If you are speaking of a neighborhood association that is opposing your shed construction, you will need to argue the matter with them. Prior to approaching any association, you can have the "rules" personally reviewed by a lawyer local to you if you want to know where you stand legally.

154NH773

Rules governing homeowners in a subdivision are generally administered by a homeowner’s Association (HOA). Your deed likely contains a covenant requiring you to obey those rules, and they probably contain penalties that might apply if you ignore them.
You can get a building permit from the town if you meet the conditions of the local ordinance, but that is overridden by the HOA rules.
As suggested, you need a lawyer to look over the rules and the notice you received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">