• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ymc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California in Aug 2017 I moved into a room for one of my clients I clean for and pay rent. Not long after that my landlord daughter also moved into a room in there home because she was evicted for harassment from previous address.a physical altercation took place between her and her roommates .it's been nothing but chaos since she moved she doesn't pay rent and she gets drunk every day verbally attacks her parents and threatened to kill them on several occasions.my landlord her mom usually takes care of her child while she goes out to the bar we'll both parents are in hospital she asked me to babysit I agreed big mistake we agreed on 4 hours well she didn't return to get her child after 4 hours so I located her and took her child to her about an hour later she returned intoxicated and preceeded to verbally attack me from another room when she got no response she kicked my door in came into my room and verbally attacks and threatened me I called the cops they came and said there was nothing they can do because we both live here and verbally assaulting some isn't illegal even tho she kicked in my door what do I do

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California in Aug 2017 I moved into a room for one of my clients I clean for and pay rent. Not long after that my landlord daughter also moved into a room in there home because she was evicted for harassment from previous address.a physical altercation took place between her and her roommates .it's been nothing but chaos since she moved she doesn't pay rent and she gets drunk every day verbally attacks her parents and threatened to kill them on several occasions.my landlord her mom usually takes care of her child while she goes out to the bar we'll both parents are in hospital she asked me to babysit I agreed big mistake we agreed on 4 hours well she didn't return to get her child after 4 hours so I located her and took her child to her about an hour later she returned intoxicated and preceeded to verbally attack me from another room when she got no response she kicked my door in came into my room and verbally attacks and threatened me I called the cops they came and said there was nothing they can do because we both live here and verbally assaulting some isn't illegal even tho she kicked in my door what do I do
The way I see it is that you are going to have to find somewhere else to live. They are not going to kick out their daughter and grandchild over you. So that leaves you with finding somewhere else to live by default.

Just Blue

I want to make sure I understand this correctly....You took a child to a bar and left said child with his/her drunk mother?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">