• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agreed to purchase an item. Sent cashiers check. Seller rtn check and changed mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theslash

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I found an add for an item online, craigslist STYLE web site. I offered the seller his asking price and he agreed on the deal. I priority mailed him a cashiers check ($8.15), my info, etc. He received it all then claimed he wanted a copy of my license, so I mailed that to him. I'm in Michigan, he is in Wisconsin. The following week instead of receiving my item, I received my cashiers check back and a quick note saying he doesn't want to ship it now. In the midterm I had purchased about $300 worth of accessories for his product. He will not answer my calls. Do I have any legal action to enforce our verbal contract? He is 6 hours away in another state.

swalsh411

Not over $8 you don't. Can you find the same items somewhere else? If this item was so rare that you can't find another one for sale, you should have had it in your hands before buying money on accessories.

theslash

So chalk it up to some people just suck, guess I'll have to find a way to vent this. Yes its rare, yes I should have waited, but it is a Gun and we all know what is going on with parts and mags etc right now. Snooze and you could lose forever.

Thanks all, I'm slowly learning lessons on mistakes I will not make again.

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I found an add for an item online, craigslist STYLE web site. I offered the seller his asking price and he agreed on the deal. I priority mailed him a cashiers check ($8.15), my info, etc. He received it all then claimed he wanted a copy of my license, so I mailed that to him. I'm in Michigan, he is in Wisconsin. The following week instead of receiving my item, I received my cashiers check back and a quick note saying he doesn't want to ship it now. In the midterm I had purchased about $300 worth of accessories for his product. He will not answer my calls. Do I have any legal action to enforce our verbal contract? He is 6 hours away in another state.
You bought $300 worth of accessories for an $8.15 item?

What'd you buy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">