• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i take action against Facebook for paying them only to be blocked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Accounts been down now since the 27th of last month.

No i didn't back anything up as i didn't expect to get my FB account closed. Once they lock you out and ask for the photo you can not access anything so its all technically lost.
Im lucky i don't use FB to store photos as i know some people that have lost it all.
I have lost a lost of important contacts which is very annoying.
Thank you for answering my questions, se7envr.

Although I know it is not much comfort, you are not alone in your annoyance with Facebook lockouts.

Those who have had the same experience with their accounts recommend every Facebook user backup all that they want to preserve. The closing of accounts can come with no advance warning and there is little recourse, other than to appeal to Facebook. Sometimes the appeals are successful; other times the appeals are not.

Good luck.

FlyingRon

"Contrived" Native American case?
Sorry, I only meant contrived in the way that it doesn't in anyway apply to the poster's problem. He's not being challenged that his NAME isn't real. He's being challenged that he is creating an account that they think is a dupe of a legitimate existing Facebook user. He's not going to win this on a "civil rights" action like the Native Americans did.

Last edited:

quincy

Sorry, I only meant contrived in the way that it doesn't in anyway apply to the poster's problem. He's not being challenged that his NAME isn't real. He's being challenged that he is creating an account that they think is a dupe of a legitimate existing Facebook user. He's not going to win this on a "civil rights" action like the Native Americans did.
Thanks for the clarification, FlyingRon. The word "contrived" obviously bothered me a bit. :)

I agree that my post went off on a tangent and there was nothing said by se7envr to indicate a similar "name" issue applied to his account closing.

There is generally no legal recourse available against Facebook when Facebook decides to close an account. The best any account holder can do is to file an appeal through Facebook channels.

You would think after all this time that Facebook would have a name/face verification process in place at the time an account is opened so they don't have to go back for verification after an account has been in use for awhile.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">