• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domain transaction cancelled. Possible to push for fulfillment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

one1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Dear Community,

I recently was in a negotiation with a seller of a domain. I really wanted this domain and made the seller a few offers.
One offer he could not resist and wrote me back "Hey One1, You've got a deal".
So he sent me a invitation to the escrow.com transaction, where the domain is displayed and the price.

I sent the money the same day, because I am from oversea and the payment would take a few days until it arrived.
Today the seller sent me a message, that he has to cancel the transaction, because he got a better offer.

Now my question is: Can he just cancel the transaction or did he bind himself legally with his words, that we have a deal?
Could you guys tell me what you would do in my situation?

If you guys could help me out I would be really glad

Thanks

justalayman

A deal is a deal until withdrawn or consummated. If the other guy paid first, you lose. Additionally for you to prevail in a suit you would have to show damages. Given your claim is simply you really wanted the domain, I don’t see any claim you incurred any damages. Even if you believe there could be damages I can’t see you being able to prove them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">