• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay Seller cancelled after payment and shipping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JosephusMaximus

I recently purchased on ebay an expensive camera that is in High demand and selling at a premium . I made the payment and the shipper immediately sent the package and provided a shipping tracking number . Later that day the seller contacted me with a story I found to be less than believable. stating that ebay wouldn't clear his payment and that he cancelled the transaction and wants me to send the camera back . I told him that sending it back won't be easy since i live over seas and the address is he sent it to is my drop shipper . I stated that It would be a hassle and an expense for me , not to mention that i will not get my supposed refund from ebay till my bank credits my card . So now I can't buy another camera since my credit card hasn't been refunded . I told the seller I would be happy to wire him the money and he refused . This refusal solidified my skepticism that he wanted to sell the camera for a higher price to someone else. What made things worse is that he contacted my shipper and emailed me saying they were putting this package on hold till the dispute is settled. I would like to know what my rights are as a consumer . I also can see that ebay allows the seller to cancel the sale up to 30 days after payment .

Thanks i advance for any advice

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I recently purchased on ebay an expensive camera that is in High demand and selling at a premium . I made the payment and the shipper immediately sent the package and provided a shipping tracking number . Later that day the seller contacted me with a story I found to be less than believable. stating that ebay wouldn't clear his payment and that he cancelled the transaction and wants me to send the camera back . I told him that sending it back won't be easy since i live over seas and the address is he sent it to is my drop shipper . I stated that It would be a hassle and an expense for me , not to mention that i will not get my supposed refund from ebay till my bank credits my card . So now I can't buy another camera since my credit card hasn't been refunded . I told the seller I would be happy to wire him the money and he refused . This refusal solidified my skepticism that he wanted to sell the camera for a higher price to someone else. What made things worse is that he contacted my shipper and emailed me saying they were putting this package on hold till the dispute is settled. I would like to know what my rights are as a consumer . I also can see that ebay allows the seller to cancel the sale up to 30 days after payment .

Thanks i advance for any advice
There's your answer. This is a civil matter which is going to be decided by your contract with ebay. And if the rules of ebay say the seller can cancel, then that's what you've agreed to by using the site.

PayrollHRGuy

Read through the entire user agreement. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

I say this because on the page about sellers cancelling orders it says this right after it says a seller can cancel.

When you list an item, you enter a legally binding contract to complete the transaction if the item is sold. If you cancel the transaction, there could be other negative ramifications. See the eBay User Agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">