• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Charges Going Over Budget

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greengrass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Recently I set up an online ad campaign with a US based company and set up all the details. I added my payment method and had to agree to allow them to charge me for my account balance and keeping it balanced.

I set a budget of $100 for the ad and it started to run. When my budget ran out, I was informed that my ad would quit showing until I added more money. I turned it off just as a procotion. Within minutes I could see that my ad was running over budget, even though I had turned it off minutes ago. Within 10 minutes I could see my account budget was at -$200 and 10 minutes after that it had hit -$400. By now my account is -$600 and the company is trying to get me to pay them for them running my ad $600 over budget.

What are my options here? Am I required to pay or is there a law protecting me?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Recently I set up an online ad campaign with a US based company and set up all the details. I added my payment method and had to agree to allow them to charge me for my account balance and keeping it balanced.

I set a budget of $100 for the ad and it started to run. When my budget ran out, I was informed that my ad would quit showing until I added more money. I turned it off just as a procotion. Within minutes I could see that my ad was running over budget, even though I had turned it off minutes ago. Within 10 minutes I could see my account budget was at -$200 and 10 minutes after that it had hit -$400. By now my account is -$600 and the company is trying to get me to pay them for them running my ad $600 over budget.

What are my options here? Am I required to pay or is there a law protecting me?
What does your contract say about canceling the ad?

xylene

contact a rep and discuss why you were charged more than trivial amount over your stop

they (if this who in think it is) are allowed to charge you slightly more than the set limit by their terms for slight overages but SIX times campaign budget is absurd.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">