• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refused to honor money back guarantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manaus2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I purchased a subscription online. On their website they state "If during your first 60 days of my coaching, you're not happy with the program for any reason then ask for your money back and you will get a full refund of your enrollment fee with no questions or hassles whatsoever."

I was not satisfied with the subscription so after 32 days or so I emailed them to request a refund. They told me to contact the third party billing processor (and this step wan't mentioned anywhere on the guarantee). I contacted the billing processor and they issued me a refund for the SECOND month but not for the ENROLLMENT fee. I continued insisting to both the billing company and the vendor about a refund of the enrollment fee. Both just ignored my emails.

Can I sue them for punitive damages? How do I go about it? How much can I sue them for?

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How much was the enrollment fee? How much was the monthly fee.

In any case, you won't get "punitive" damages.

JustAPal00

Without reading the exact wording of the bill you paid and the money back guarantee, it is difficult to say what you are entitled to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">