• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Online Overseas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bridgehampton

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I listed a car with Ebay Australia I forgot to put a reserve on the car the sold for $20,000 the car is worth $50,000.

Ebay USA have non binding contracts Ebay Australia has a binding contract.

The car and seller are located in the USA the buyer is in Australia.

I explained the buyer the mistake he still wants the car.

Can he take me to court with an Australia binding contract,

Need some help

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I listed a car with Ebay Australia I forgot to put a reserve on the car the sold for $20,000 the car is worth $50,000.

Ebay USA have non binding contracts Ebay Australia has a binding contract.

The car and seller are located in the USA the buyer is in Australia.

I explained the buyer the mistake he still wants the car.

Can he take me to court with an Australia binding contract,

Need some help
Interesting question.

From the eBay Australia terms and conditions ( http://pages.ebay.com.au/services/registration/reg-confirm.html ):

This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
Depending on your state, you may or may not successfully argue improper venue.

Also, depending on your state, the plaintiff may be required to show if he wishes to sue in your jurisdiction.

swalsh411

I would be concerned about a scam first of all. Has the winner attempted to make payment?

Secondly, is this car even legal to register/drive in the US? A lot of Australian cars are not due to emission requirements. I'm sure if you could, a lot of Americans would be driving some of those funky utes you blokes have.

edit: That and the whole "right hand drive" nonsense you got going on. ;)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">