• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can cop charge with driving on suspended if i was not caught in the act?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reinqd

My car broke down in Virginia and I was outside of the car trying to fix it and a cop came up behind me. when i told him my license was suspended he cited me. Can he still do that if he did not physically catch me in the act? I was advised by a legal secretary that if you are not physically caught in the act that the case might be able to be dismissed. Is this true?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

reinqd said:
My car broke down in Virginia and I was outside of the car trying to fix it and a cop came up behind me. when i told him my license was suspended he cited me. Can he still do that if he did not physically catch me in the act?

**A: so who then actually drove the car to the location where it broke down, The Fairy godmother?

R

reinqd

Re: Re: Can cop charge with driving on suspended if i was not caught in the act?

HomeGuru said:
reinqd said:
My car broke down in Virginia and I was outside of the car trying to fix it and a cop came up behind me. when i told him my license was suspended he cited me. Can he still do that if he did not physically catch me in the act?

M

Mike101

They can charge you. They might not get a conviction but they can still charge you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">