• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canada, accessory after the fact.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turbotortoise

Alberta, Canada-- apologies in advance if this is the wrong place. I'm at my wits end.

I've just realized the mess I may be in.

A friend off on spring break in his home town has just told me over facebook that in a drunken stupor he broke into his old home. In talking to him, I joked around, asking him why he didn't break into his current home? And asked how his old room looked. He didn't answer the later and the former was how I found out he was out of town. I was vague asking what happened. He told me he did it out of desperation, his family were cross with him. Again, jokingly I replied quote "not as upset i imagine if the ppl who're in your current... domicile. will be, if they find you-- although it might be rather pleasent i've always wanted to go back to my old places" honestly, I didn't understand the weight of the situation, and found the the opportunity to see familiar places in the hands of strangers, rather amusing.... I know....

Even worse is, my further response could be, at least in my mind, considered providing counsel. I asked "couldn't you just call them? ... i don't think ur mum hates you that badly" He responded, "no because I swithced phones with someone and this phone ios passcode locked" I further dug my hole, suggesting "you could always wander about. why don't you call your phone? find some change and get a payphone workin' for ya,
seeing as, i.. suspect you don't want to use any.. readily availbie phones"
I misunderstood that his phone was locked and then proceeded to tell him, how to use siri, to make a call and the 6 most common pass-phrases to a phone.

Am I an accessory after the fact? Even considering this could all just be a far fetched story? I don't know if this is true and I'm praying he's just pulling my leg :/

eerelations

As you are aware. this is a site for US law only. Because US law and Canadian law are so very very different, any advice or information you get here is likely to be completely incorrect.

turbotortoise

Yeah :(
I was hoping common law would be at least comparable enough to know whether I've landed in the soup or not. But I appreciate the attempts and forwarding me to a Canadian resource.

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">