• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court holding my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Boyd, Texas
Howdy
2.5 years ago, i got a ticket form cop; which i refused to sign (i know, it doesn't mean anything). Anywho, the court, 2 years later, issued a warrant ad asked me to pay $900 in cash bond to get a court date, which i did.
Its been 6 months now; they are holding my money and giving me lame excuses and not a court date. I am trying to figure out what do i need to do to get a trial date? I thought its my constitutional right to get a speedy trial.

What "speedy trial"? You failed to appear in the first place.
Thank you for confirming your understanding. The original question was "I am trying to figure out what do i need to do to get a trial date". Do you have a valuable input on that?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Thank you for confirming your understanding. The original question was "I am trying to figure out what do i need to do to get a trial date". Do you have a valuable input on that?
Here's my valuable input: when you're asking for help from the volunteers on this site, it would behoove you to be polite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">