• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic violence case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StevieB187

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I was arrested in Miami, Florida for domestic violence. When I was arrested the officer never read my Miranda rights so i didn't know that I the right to a lawyer. When he put me in the cell he made me sign a form that said I confessed. I stated that i hit the person but I never said in one context. The form said I "confessed" and that he ran investigation which revealed i repeatedly hit her in the face and that I fled the scene. In actuality , I hit once in self defense and i went to the precinct where they arrested me. Police told me to go outside of the precinct so we can talk at that time her arrested me. I was never read my Miranda rights so i didnt know i couldnt gotten a lawyer by the state. They put in a jail cell and then they forced me to sign a paper. The paper, it seems is the only thing they for the case. They held over night and brought me to court in the morning. The person I hit came by and said that they wanted to drop the case but they had a bandage on their mouth. I was never allowed to say anything because it could be used against me in court according to the judge. When I had the trial the judge only gave the option to plea bargin and she said that I didnt have a right to a public defender. The funny thing was that when she said everyone in the court gave her a funny look, like "huh?". I accept a plea bargain that states that i have to go to anger management for like 26 weeks. I havent worked for more than a month this year and I made 8200 last year. Im not how I dont qualify for a public defender. I am practically homeless. This case seems bogus to me. I have no priors and I was discharged honorably out of the military. I am concerned that this will bar me from reenlisting. Any advice

Last edited:

indian216

Workhard

Get an attorney, you'll need one. Workhard where ever you can however you can. Save that money and get an attorney.. Sounds like you'll need one. Whomever your attorney is let him know about what happen with that judge. Domestic Violence stays on your record.. You should never sign anything until you have it looked over by a legal professional. Even if they dont read you your Miranda rights tell them next time I hope their isnt one though a next time for you. Tell them you want your attorney and that is your right along with your phone call. Your DV can be removed if you get a good attorney perhaps becuase of the way things go he can have it removed.. IF not it will have to be exponged which cost money to do...Sometimes if you are going back into the Military the Military might help you clear out this mess. My brother wanted to into the Army but had a DWI, my mom went and got an attorney to clear part it off but whatever they couldnt the requirter did, dont ask me how they just did. Might be another option for you.. But If I were you I would definitely work even if it was at Mcdonalds as a janitor work save and get an attorney.. OH and by the Hope this teaches to never hit someone male or Female. It is considered an assualt. Especially a female never hit a female thats crazy..

StevieB187

Dv

It seems like all of this can go away if I pay money which I didnt have. So the judge knows that and she is trying to ruin my life. All she has to do is give me what I am entitled to and everything will be fine. I went to one class and they are telling me that crap about the law. I dont belong in that class all the people are repeated criminals.

Isis1

It seems like all of this can go away if I pay money which I didnt have. So the judge knows that and she is trying to ruin my life. All she has to do is give me what I am entitled to and everything will be fine. I went to one class and they are telling me that crap about the law. I dont belong in that class all the people are repeated criminals.
you assaulted someone. you are a criminal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">