• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help getting felony lowered to a misdemeanor I was arrested for burglary and theft be

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tortrick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OregonI was arrested for burglary and theft because I went into someone's house and took some alcohol not knowing they would mind (under $100 worth). Now they are slandering my name and saying that I stole $1000 which isn't true. I was drinking and hadn't taken all of my meds on the night of the incident.I feel like my lawyer isn't interested in my case or familiar with mental illness. I had to switch lawyers before because I was planning to give the sheriff some tips on a client of my former lawyer. After he had to conflict out I was given a lawyer that doesn't care. I haven't even met him yet and he keeps failing to show up to my hearings. He lives 2 hours away and didn't even tell me that he was planning to phone in instead of appear.

To clarify, John is the name of the man that I stole from. This is all hard to explain, I apologize for the way it's written.

I've struggled with bi polar disorder for years. I also have chronic pain and PTSD. I have been through nearly 20 different medications in the past few years trying to find the right match. I'm currently on three different meds, 22 pills per day. In June 2018 I had a huge manic episode and got into trouble. When I'm manic I see things in a different light. I was mistaken with the nature of the relationship between myself and the "victim". The week before the incident I contacted my psychiatrist and told her I was afraid of a manic episode.

I haven't drank in 8 months; since the arrest. I go to counseling reliably every week for 1-2 hours. I don't go because I'm forced, I go because I want to get better. I have bi-polar type I, severe ptsd and generalized anxiety disorder. I was diagnosed 3 years ago and have been through 19 different medications in attempt to find the right ones. I'm currently on 22 pills per day. I just found out a couple of days ago that I'm pregnant so I'm tapering to a lower dose. I will most likely have legal documentation proving that I'm disabled and my issues are very serious. I was never told not to drink at all on these meds and I didn't know that at my age, particularly in the summer, it's more common for a manic episode.

Here are some facts about he night in question. I went to John's early evening because I had a few beers and wanted some of the alcohol he had offered me before, he said he wasn't going to drink it because he doesn't enjoy drinking anymore. My boyfriend came along so he could buy a bowl of marijuana that John sells. He has his own marijuana to smoke and separate stuff that he sells. He wasn't home so we left. We returned again later and his neighbor said he was at dinner with Tim Wallawine. I tried to call both John and Tim several times. When I returned to the house later I was in a full-blown manic state. In a manic state a person is likely to think everything will be ok and all of their actions are justified. John was still gone and the door was locked. I climbed through the window, grabbed the alcohol and some marijuana and left with the idea I would pay him later. I called him 12 times that night and also texted him several times. Growing up in a small town, it was common to do things like this. I understand now that it was a ridiculously stupid idea and I feel terrible. Since this has happened John has consistently slandered my name and spread rumors. I took under $100 worth of stuff and EVERYTHING WAS RETURNED. Every single thing. I even contacted the police in order to return alcohol they left behind. I misunderstood the nature of the relationship between John and I. I just don't understand why he is so angry. Again, I know what I did was wrong but I gave it all back, nothing was missing. I didn't mean to invade his privacy. He most likely wants to protect his crack cocaine habit (I have no proof so the point is mute) I'm just trying elucidate the situation.

Sent from my iPad

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">