• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Momn09

I need help with a former employer. I stole some money and the owner and I have come to an agreement of me paying it back on a schedule. Now the manager who has no part in this has been harassing me and wont let me go over the documents of how much I owe. So she is just throwing a number out there and I just have to go with it because she won't let me go over the documents with the owner. I have already contacted the police about the harassment and they police have said I am in no legal trouble because me and the owner have in writing that I will pay her back. However, the manager keeps saying different. And as of 2/8/2018 the manager decided to stalk me and call my former employer and get me fired. I need your help so the owner and I can have a seat and go over any evidence or documents they have, so I know I am paying back the right amount. Should I start the payment now as a sign of good faith, or should I wait and go over everything with a lawyer present?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I need help with a former employer. I stole some money and the owner and I have come to an agreement of me paying it back on a schedule. Now the manager who has no part in this has been harassing me and wont let me go over the documents of how much I owe. So she is just throwing a number out there and I just have to go with it because she won't let me go over the documents with the owner. I have already contacted the police about the harassment and they police have said I am in no legal trouble because me and the owner have in writing that I will pay her back. However, the manager keeps saying different. And as of 2/8/2018 the manager decided to stalk me and call my former employer and get me fired. I need your help so the owner and I can have a seat and go over any evidence or documents they have, so I know I am paying back the right amount. Should I start the payment now as a sign of good faith, or should I wait and go over everything with a lawyer present?
I find it ironic that you steal money from them and then consider it "harassment" when they want it back :rolleyes:

Contact the owner directly. Perhaps you ought to simply offer to pay it all back at once and be done with it...

Oh, and if you don't pay, you can certainly expect them to go to the police.

Just Blue

Wow. You would like us, people that don't steal, to assist you? I suggest you hire an attorney.

Momn09

I find it ironic that you steal money from them and then consider it "harassment" when they want it back :rolleyes:

Contact the owner directly. Perhaps you ought to simply offer to pay it all back at once and be done with it...

Oh, and if you don't pay, you can certainly expect them to go to the police.

Me and the owner have come to an agreement of me paying the money back. I am paying it back. But the manager is harassing me, calling me names, and stalked me and decided to call my new employer and get me fired. The manger has nothing to do with this ordeal. This is between the owner and I. The manager won’t let me go over any documents to make sure I am paying back the correct amount. Because of things she said I know for a fact are not true and the amount she says is false. So I’m just wondering if I should wait and talk with a lawyer and go to the owner and go over the documents with the layer and the owner and to make sure I owe the right amount. I have already filed a harassment charge against the manager and have talked to the police about this situation and they have said I’m in NO legal trouble because me and the owner have it in writing that I will be paying her back.

Just Blue

Me and the owner have come to an agreement of me paying the money back. I am paying it back. But the manager is harassing me, calling me names, and stalked me and decided to call my new employer and get me fired. The manger has nothing to do with this ordeal. This is between the owner and I. The manager won’t let me go over any documents to make sure I am paying back the correct amount. Because of things she said I know for a fact are not true and the amount she says is false. So I’m just wondering if I should wait and talk with a lawyer and go to the owner and go over the documents with the layer and the owner and to make sure I owe the right amount. I have already filed a harassment charge against the manager and have talked to the police about this situation and they have said I’m in NO legal trouble because me and the owner have it in writing that I will be paying her back.
Hire. An. Attorney.

quincy

You do not know how much you stole? If you pay back what you know you stole, problems with the former employer and the former manager should end.

You can consult with an attorney if you think that might help you get a firm payment plan in place with your former employer - and you will want an attorney if you are charged with theft - but I do not see any legal action you can take against anyone.

As a note: It was okay for the manager to warn your new employer about your theft, as long as he did not tell the new employer any lies about you. In fact, if your new job had you handling money, it could be a mistake for your former employer to not inform your new employer of your theft.

Good luck.

Eekamouse

Must have been a pretty large amount and done over a long period of time for you to not be sure exactly how much you stole. I don't blame the manager for not wanting you around anything to do with your former job. You already proved you're a thief. Why would anyone want you anywhere near any documents involving your thefts?

pac72

thief....now you claim being a victim , cant understand your thinking.. maybe your in California????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">