• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ghost1622

Would i be convicted if i was a passenger in a stolen car
Me and my girlfriend were arrested for car theft her friend had lent us his car to go get something to eat and the key was in the ignition so we left and were pulled over for a broken tail light we gave them all our info cuz we didnt have anything to hide and we had told them that. Her friend had lended us the car the took us out and searched the car and they tried to take the key out but it was stuck. her friend had said that the ignition was messed up and we told the cops thats what he said . turns out it was a shaved key now the take us to jail and they release me but my girlfriend remained in jail cuz she had a pending case in which she is now fighting both cases now i find out their trying to give me to special enhancements and still charging me for car theft i was the passenger and was unaware could i still be charged and what if my girl beats the case or loses the case how could that affect me

quincy

Would i be convicted if i was a passenger in a stolen car
Me and my girlfriend were arrested for car theft her friend had lent us his car to go get something to eat and the key was in the ignition so we left and were pulled over for a broken tail light we gave them all our info cuz we didnt have anything to hide and we had told them that. Her friend had lended us the car the took us out and searched the car and they tried to take the key out but it was stuck. her friend had said that the ignition was messed up and we told the cops thats what he said . turns out it was a shaved key now the take us to jail and they release me but my girlfriend remained in jail cuz she had a pending case in which she is now fighting both cases now i find out their trying to give me to special enhancements and still charging me for car theft i was the passenger and was unaware could i still be charged and what if my girl beats the case or loses the case how could that affect me
What is the name of your state?

Yes, you could be charged with a crime. Both you and your girlfriend should speak to criminal defense attorneys. You should not, however, speak to the police. You should also not discuss the matter with your girlfriend, your friends or your family.

Good luck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Sounds like they've both been charged already.

Yes, the only possible thing to do now is to get an attorney.

quincy

Sounds like they've both been charged already.

Yes, the only possible thing to do now is to get an attorney.
The way Ghost wrote his post was a bit confusing to me.

Ghost said he was arrested but released. He said he is still being charged with car theft but his question was "could I still be charged."

I think he needs an attorney. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">