• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan knife laws 2018

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikeybagz

Michigan knife laws 2018

I know switchblades are now legal. I have a single sided switchblade that maybe could be considered a stiletto but it is foldable, so that makes it legal? Also I've never seen a switchblade that's not a stilleto... It has a 3 inch blade which I know is the state maximum.

To me it seems legal but is it okay to carry concealed or openly as long as it's for legal use? Just want to be sure and know my rights and know that I'm not breaking any laws.

And what does it mean 'except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such'? Can I only carry a knife that is adapted for hunting? I just wanna know undoubtedly what I can and can't carry without trouble or cops harassing.

xylene

I just wanna know undoubtedly what I can and can't carry without trouble or cops
What exactly is legal is determined by case law (findings in court). The law has just changed, so those cases are not yet settled.

So, I ask you do you want to be the test case? I guess what I'm saying is if you want to be in the "undoubtedly" zone stick to something not likely to be misunderstood.

I handled a lot of knives, including pro quality switchbades. My personal opion is they are gimmicky, much like balisongs. Just get a conventional locking blade.

Consider a well established as legal assissted opener, like the kershaw blur.

Just Blue

Michigan knife laws 2018

I know switchblades are now legal. I have a single sided switchblade that maybe could be considered a stiletto but it is foldable, so that makes it legal? Also I've never seen a switchblade that's not a stilleto... It has a 3 inch blade which I know is the state maximum.

To me it seems legal but is it okay to carry concealed or openly as long as it's for legal use? Just want to be sure and know my rights and know that I'm not breaking any laws.

And what does it mean 'except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such'? Can I only carry a knife that is adapted for hunting? I just wanna know undoubtedly what I can and can't carry without trouble or cops harassing.
Cute user name...Did you find it while watching the Godfather?:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">