• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minors being charged as adults

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citizenUSA

I in wisconsin what are the guidelines officials follow for determining which juvineils to charge as adults?

My son who turned 17 5 weeks ago is being charged as an adult.......and was wondering how they can charge a HS junior who doesnt even shave yet as an adult.

Thank You in advance for any response.

citizenUSA said:
I in wisconsin what are the guidelines officials follow for determining which juvineils to charge as adults?

My son who turned 17 5 weeks ago is being charged as an adult.......and was wondering how they can charge a HS junior who doesnt even shave yet as an adult.

Thank You in advance for any response.
I don't know a guideline, but I do know that there are some felony crimes that minors can be tried as adults. Have you heard of boy who was 12 years old whom killed his grandparents just got 30 years prison sentence at the age of fifteen years old?

Tell us what your son was being charged with. I assumed it is felony.

- Tom

citizenUSA

involved in a school yard altercation.......with an older boy (19 yrs old) who is on a witness list for a tatally different case.

Charged with a baterry charge and intimidating a witness (both felonys)

even though he had no knowledge of the other persons involvment in this other case......it just seems a bit drastic to me.

Thank You

Last edited:

ptlmejo

In Wisconsin, 17 year olds in criminal cases are treated as adults...they passed that law about 10 years ago.

calatty

Shaving has nothing to do with whether he can be held criminally responsible. Being old enough to know right from wrong is the issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">