• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wendel00

Oregon, small town. Was walking away from a bar, receiving **** talk, fired back with my own, was tackled and had my face smashed into the concrete. My lady was pushed down by the guy and received scratches on her back. Cops were called, they took their written report and I was told to come in Friday to submit my report as I was wasted and being troublesome to deal with. If it was mutual combat I wouldn't have a problem, and I doubt there will charges leveled against him, but does she have a chance of charges sticking or we just cut our losses and move on?

LdiJ

Oregon, small town. Was walking away from a bar, receiving **** talk, fired back with my own, was tackled and had my face smashed into the concrete. My lady was pushed down by the guy and received scratches on her back. Cops were called, they took their written report and I was told to come in Friday to submit my report as I was wasted and being troublesome to deal with. If it was mutual combat I wouldn't have a problem, and I doubt there will charges leveled against him, but does she have a chance of charges sticking or we just cut our losses and move on?
Well, you certainly didn't help your lady's position by being wasted and troublesome to deal with. Did she get to submit her report that night or was hers also deferred?

Wendel00

Well, you certainly didn't help your lady's position by being wasted and troublesome to deal with. Did she get to submit her report that night or was hers also deferred?
Also deferred and we haven't gone in to do it. I just don't think there's anything that holds water here.

quincy

Also deferred and we haven't gone in to do it. I just don't think there's anything that holds water here.
If you and your female friend do not want to file complaints against the fellow, you don't have to. There is always a chance he will file a complaint against you, however. If charged with a crime, I recommend you find an attorney to assist you in your defense.

Wendel00

Cut your losses and move on.

And stay out of bars.

Booze and stupidity are inseparable.
Agreed. The thing is, she can't walk down the street without getting yelled obscenities at by him and company, and if a charge sticks, at least a no contact order will be available. We've spent 2 1/2 years doing everything in our power to avoid these people, including leaving a bar that night because they were there.

westside

Agreed. The thing is, she can't walk down the street without getting yelled obscenities at by him and company
This may be a strange idea, but perhaps not reacting to words from idiots might be worth a shot. What these people say is on them, how you react is on you.

quincy

Agreed. The thing is, she can't walk down the street without getting yelled obscenities at by him and company, and if a charge sticks, at least a no contact order will be available. We've spent 2 1/2 years doing everything in our power to avoid these people, including leaving a bar that night because they were there.
What is causing or has caused the animosity? Perhaps addressing that issue might be the place to start?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">