• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recording or filming for evidence what can be used in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Is this in relation to a specific legal matter that you are currently involved in?

Zigner

The previous thread was locked.
You are correct. The OP could, of course, unlock it (but most junior members of the forum won't know that). In any case, it's there now for reference for the advisors :)

ETA: It's also good for the advisers to be prepared for a bit of (possible) attitude from the OP.

quincy

You are correct. The OP could, of course, unlock it (but most junior members of the forum won't know that). In any case, it's there now for reference for the advisors :)

ETA: It's also good for the advisers to be prepared for a bit of (possible) attitude from the OP.
I don't think threads can be unlocked after a certain amount of time has passed.

But I agree that having the previous thread as reference is helpful.

tenshi_R

no its not in relation to anything in the other thread.
but that other thread and me being on mens rights pages and seeing how often men are accused of something lately brought up this question

it seems like the accuser doesn't have to prove anyting besides giving his verbal statement.

I see a lot of men in those groups almost every day theres a story about wife suddenly claiming domestic violence after she talks to a lawyer and dude has no deffence against it or other situations where a recording would clear a person of charges but its illegal to record so how does that work?

that's why I asked this question
can admin please delete all the crazy assumptions so this doesn't turn into a troll post before someone can actually answer the question?

maybe a better example:
I secretly record someone talking about a school shooting in a 2 party state like washington(since its a hot topic) but hes not aware of the recording. will that hold up in court as evidence?

Last edited:

PayrollHRGuy

A victim doesn't have to prove anything. Neither does someone charged with a crime. The state has to prove that the person charged is guilty.

Zigner

no its not in relation to anything in the other thread.
but that other thread and me being on mens rights pages and seeing how often men are accused of something lately brought up this question

it seems like the accuser doesn't have to prove anyting besides giving his verbal statement.

I see a lot of men in those groups almost every day theres a story about wife suddenly claiming domestic violence after she talks to a lawyer and dude has no deffence against it or other situations where a recording would clear a person of charges but its illegal to record so how does that work?

that's why I asked this question
can admin please delete all the crazy assumptions so this doesn't turn into a troll post before someone can actually answer the question?

maybe a better example:
I secretly record someone talking about a school shooting in a 2 party state like washington(since its a hot topic) but hes not aware of the recording. will that hold up in court as evidence?
We really don't do hypotheticals.

tenshi_R

so whats the point of this forum then?
I'm giving examples obviously not related to my current issue
I'm asking for personal information if I have to deal with this issue in the future what is allowed
I don't know why its so hard to answer
yall had time to post like 10 replies about whether its related to my other post or not. but not have time to actually answer the question?

Zigner

so whats the point of this forum then?
I'm giving examples obviously not related to my current issue
I'm asking for personal information if I have to deal with this issue in the future what is allowed
I don't know why its so hard to answer
yall had time to post like 10 replies about whether its related to my other post or not. but not have time to actually answer the question?
For every answer we give, there will be a "but what-if" response. It could go on forever.

tenshi_R

its already going on forever with you coming up with excuses not to answer it when you could just answer it 10 posts ago...
I'm asking so if I'm ever in a situation like that what can I do to protect myself
can I record without other person's knowledge and what situations would justify doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">