• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solicitation of 18 yo/older online-Evidence requested but is missing some items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I am facing criminal charges for Prostitution- Gross Misdemeanor soliciting someone 18 yo or older(a sexual favor in exchange for a vehicle) This is said to have taken place through a Craigslist ad where the undercover had conversations via email to set up a meeting. Also with the probable cause statement the officer gave direct reference to emails between both parties. During the first appearance my court appointed lawyer requested that the prosecutor provide him with the evidence. Today, 2 weeks later, I get a package with copies of the evidence provided. In a statement an officer states he took pictures of the emails pertaining to the case, but the pictures are not included with the package of evidence that was provided by the prosecutor. Am I wrong in thinking they should have been provided or does it matter? I would think that if they are not provided, had they actually been taken? Does this show that the case would be based off of hearsay and should be dismissed? In the original statement of probable cause it was said that the officer observed the emails on the cell phone and said nothing about photos of the emails being taken. Also, I see the inventory report for the phone that I gave them, I know most will say I was dumb to give it but I had nothing to hide as I was not guilty so I did not have anything to hide, what I do not see is the disk that should have been made while they dumped the cell phone. From what my lawyer states they have a program they plug the phone into and it downloads everything and puts it on disk. He also said if they have it they will provide it once he requests the evidence and he will provide me with a copy of everything he is given, and so far he has, but no disk and no pictures of the emails. Is there something My lawyer should be doing in this situation? ANYTHING AT ALL that I should be watchful of? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
What will be used as evidence against you should be provided to your attorney. If your attorney says evidence he requests will be given to him, you can tell him to be sure to request a copy of the disk.

Your questions are best addressed to your attorney.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
"I have nothing to hide because I'm innocent" is the oldest line in the book. And guess what? It gets many truly innocent people in trouble or even convicted. I recommend you read the book "You Have The Right To Remain Innocent" by James Duane. He's an attorney and law professor. He also has a few videos on YouTube. Well worth reading - it's a real eye-opener.

Damage may have already been done. What do now? SHUT UP, stay off of Internet forums and ONLY speak to your attorney about your criminal case.

FlyingRon

I watched a guy talk himself into a 20 year sentence here once. A cop came by and told this guy he was being investigated for rape. He shot his mouth off saying "you can't rape the willing." Well, son, yes you can if she's underage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">