• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options I really don't want to turn myself in.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Then hire a lawyer.

If you can't or won't hire a lawyer, just keep looking over your shoulder. Eventually they will get you.

Bmac27

So a couple of years ago my ex wife and her sister accused me of breaking into my own home and stealing my dog and breaking a door. I was charged with 1felony and 2misdemeanors. Felony was breaking and entering. The misdemeanors were violation of a protection order and property damage. I spent a no th or so in jail before getting out on bond. 2 months later after viewing the evidence and talking to my lawyer all charges were dropped. Only to be picked up by the lesser court the next day with out my knowledge. Fast forward 1 year I go visit a friend in jail and get arrested for failure to appear I get out on a signature bond and basically been avoiding anything to do with it. I need to take care of it so I can advance at my job but if I turn myself in I could lose my job for missing work. The star witness for the DA was picked up 2 days after the alleged crime on possession of a controlled substance and driving under the influence of a controlled substance. Meth. The only other evidence submitted was a video of 2 officers driving around looking for me talking about how if I did do it how was it illegals because I was the sole owner of the property.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So a couple of years ago my ex wife and her sister accused me of breaking into my own home and stealing my dog and breaking a door. I was charged with 1felony and 2misdemeanors. Felony was breaking and entering. The misdemeanors were violation of a protection order and property damage. I spent a no th or so in jail before getting out on bond. 2 months later after viewing the evidence and talking to my lawyer all charges were dropped. Only to be picked up by the lesser court the next day with out my knowledge. Fast forward 1 year I go visit a friend in jail and get arrested for failure to appear I get out on a signature bond and basically been avoiding anything to do with it. I need to take care of it so I can advance at my job but if I turn myself in I could lose my job for missing work. The star witness for the DA was picked up 2 days after the alleged crime on possession of a controlled substance and driving under the influence of a controlled substance. Meth. The only other evidence submitted was a video of 2 officers driving around looking for me talking about how if I did do it how was it illegals because I was the sole owner of the property.
You're going to want an attorney on board.

PayrollHRGuy

You're going to want an attorney on board.
Yep. The OP went from something he may not even have been guilty of to something he is guilty of. (the FTA)

I don't see how two officer's driving around talking is evidence of a crime on the OP's part.

Bmac27

I understand that I need to hire a lawyer. But I wondering if there is any way to resolve the issue with out serving anytime I know I have the case beat based on lack of evidence. And non credible witnesses.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I understand that I need to hire a lawyer. But I wondering if there is any way to resolve the issue with out serving anytime I know I have the case beat based on lack of evidence. And non credible witnesses.
That would be a great question for your attorney to answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">