• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concealed carry license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miami94

I am trying to get my Concealed carry license in the state of Florida and the application states"Two or more DUI convictions within the previous three years" will make you ineligible. I got sentenced for my most recent DUI in 04/2015. Will I be eligible to get the license next month? Also, when they say three years are they referring to sentencing date or the date you got arrested?

FlyingRon

WHat are the dates of all your DUIs? If they were both in March/April of 2015, then you can expect to be denied. Otherwise you should be OK as they are not both in the three year prior period.

Miami94

WHat are the dates of all your DUIs? If they were both in March/April of 2015, then you can expect to be denied. Otherwise you should be OK as they are not both in the three year prior period.
I got my first one in 2013 and the second one in 2014, but I got sentenced in 2015 for my second one. Does the three year period go by the date you got sentenced in court?

FlyingRon

I got my first one in 2013 and the second one in 2014, but I got sentenced in 2015 for my second one. Does the three year period go by the date you got sentenced in court?
It's the date you were CONVICTED. That's the date you were in court and the judge finds you guilty or accepts your guilty plea. The question is not when the SECOND one was but the date you were convicted on the FIRST one. If you were convicted on the first one in 2014 some time, then you only have one (the second) in the past three years.

Read carefully the instructions and the application itself for question 14 with regard to ALL your drug or alcohol related issues.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">