• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my neighbor opened mail sent by Fedex and discarded it on our front laws without l

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

I would be pissed.

If it was delivered to the neighbor, he is probably pissed he is getting your packages.
I know, huh? You have to get up, lean in the door, ask who is there, open the door, see a fedex package for your address, sign for it, only to open it up and it's not even for you!!! Such a let down!

James53

what a demeaning response from a so called educated person. You Sir represent the so called legal profession in this so called free country..the land of the free and home of the brave .As the economist said recently there is no justice in this country only the law.The almighty dollar reigns..Try to emaulate the Europeans where at least it does not cost anything to be civil...your commentts are laugable '' neigbor is pissed'' With these type comments you should be certain you have adequate Professional Liability Insurance ..I imagine you were at the bottom of your class and are now having to endure a living giving trite advice on the internet.

Shalom schmuck

Mnemosyne

Do you have a legal question?

what a demeaning response from a so called educated person. You Sir represent the so called legal profession in this so called free country..the land of the free and home of the brave .As the economist said recently there is no justice in this country only the law.The almighty dollar reigns..Try to emaulate the Europeans where at least it does not cost anything to be civil...your commentts are laugable '' neigbor is pissed'' With these type comments you should be certain you have adequate Professional Liability Insurance ..I imagine you were at the bottom of your class and are now having to endure a living giving trite advice on the internet.

Shalom schmuck

justalayman

Shalom schmuck
yet, you, the one who failed to even ask a question, let alone provide any details of the situation, are offended. I have more right to be offended by you than you by my response. You seem to expect people to be able to construct what happened in your situation from the most minimal gathering of facts you could muster and are taken aback when you do not receive an answer to the unasked question.

I am glad you signed with your actual name. From here on out, I know never to offer assistance to a person with the name

Shalom Schmuck

I am curious though; Is that your real family name or did the immigration people give that to your family as they entered through Ellis Island, most likely in response to how you treated them as well.

DuckyH

Ask for signature confirmation

Oddly enough, I am having a similar problem but with the post office... the carrier keeps putting my mail in my neighbor's mailbox and the neighbor just throws it away. But enough about my problems...

In the future, why not ask the sender to send the package with signature confirmation. This way the delivery driver will not leave the package with anyone else. It adds some inconvenience in that you must be present to sign for the delivery, or must go to pickup the package at the warehouse. But at least it won't be dropped off with just anyone.

The delivery drivers are always in a hurry, more so as the holidays approach. Around here they drop the package on the front porch and usually knock once as they run back to their truck.

Proserpina

Shalom schmuck

Aw honey, I'm European. Don't embarrass yourself further. K? K.

And I'm not entirely sure what "emaulation" would be. Does it involve bananas? I like bananas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">