• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gruesome Dog Bite in home where room is rented

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylene

I don't think the woman needs to be making phone calls from her ER bed. That's what I was trying to say.
I do actually. She's only going to be 'less hurt' in the eyes of the defendant.

And yes, this will and should be a lawsuit. I hope this guy loses his house.

Sorry, I admit it. I HATE DOG. I wish there was a dog genocide.

I hope Maimey the Dog here get put to sleep in short order.

PayrollHRGuy

I do actually. She's only going to be 'less hurt' in the eyes of the defendant.

And yes, this will and should be a lawsuit. I hope this guy loses his house.

Sorry, I admit it. I HATE DOG. I wish there was a dog genocide.

I hope Maimey the Dog here get put to sleep in short order.
It really doesn't matter how the injured party looks in the "eyes of the defendant." There is virtually nothing a lawyer could do at this point other than make an appoint for some time in the future.

I believe your hate of dogs is clouding your usually good advice.

justalayman

Should be a lawsuit?

So you instantly want her to give up the 30-50% the attorney will take?

And that’s take from the gross. Op still has to pay medical bills out of her50-70% and court costs.

I think you have a screw loose somewhere

xylene

She's going to have a permanent functional deficit in her hand.

Her hand is going to be scarred up and ugly. The insurance is going to low ball that if they cover it at all.

Therwe is no way she'll be made whole without a lawsuit.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
This is good advice and a good way to explain to her the seriousness of what happened and what she may be facing in the future. I did not think to advise her to limit discussions about what happened with the landlord. I will make sure to pass this along.

This question is for anyone who would like to comment: Is it important to get a legal consult right away or is this something that can wait a couple weeks while handling the injury?
You get legal counsel if it looks like the LL is at all hesitant making an insurance claim and/or paying for the medical costs.

You will not know the full extent of medical costs at this point in time. The medical treatment needs to be well documented. Focus on that first.

xylene

The OP's love one has more than medical bills.

She has significant economic losses, pain and suffering, and certainly permanent damage to their hand aesthetically and probably functionally.

justalayman

She's going to have a permanent functional deficit in her hand.

Her hand is going to be scarred up and ugly. The insurance is going to low ball that if they cover it at all.

Therwe is no way she'll be made whole without a lawsuit.
You have no way of knowing any of that is true

Just Blue

The OP's love one has more than medical bills.

She has significant economic losses, pain and suffering, and certainly permanent damage to their hand aesthetically and probably functionally.
How can you know that?
I did agree with you in another post that the GF should seek legal help...but you have taken this to a crazy level. Please stop.

xylene

You have no way of knowing any of that is true
Well maybe she's like an x men and is going heal up instantly, but back on planet earth people with gruesome hand injuries have permanent consequences like functional loss and and disfigurement that you can reliably plan on, all prospects of miracles aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">