• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was assaulted with a deadly weapon twice by the same guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jackoc

So sorry i didn't post correctly question below

I was assaulted with a deadly weapon twice same guy
Hello... I was in a bar and got in an argument the guy hit me over the head with a beer mug I never swung at him . After I fell knocked out he beat my head over and over while on the ground, then he ran... 2 days intensive care and a preeminent scar on my forehead... He was unidentified for 3 weeks until he walked into my girlfriends coffee shop. She called 911 then me I ran down just as he was leaving in his car brand new porshe panorama, temporary plates he backed out of his parking space and I stood in front of his car the detain him citizens arrest till the police arrived while I was also calling them .. He stopped for several seconds but then when he realized who I was he gunned it all on camera btw hitting me and driving me back 8-10 feet till I went to the side and he took off... Ironically we saw him at a bar and grill later that night.. Stepped out without saying a word before he saw me and i called police who arrested him on the first adw, he bailed out the next morning now the da has the second video car and they said going to file again and re arrest for a second asw... Do i have a suit? He lives in a 3.1m dollar house in Capistrano Beach.. How much do you think I can sue for and how is that paid off he's in prison? Thank you so much for any help

quincy

I was assaulted with a deadly weapon twice same guy
Hello... I was in a bar and got in an argument the guy hit me over the head with a beer mug I never swung at him . After I fell knocked out he beat my head over and over while on the ground, then he ran... 2 days intensive care and a preeminent scar on my forehead... He was unidentified for 3 weeks until he walked into my girlfriends coffee shop. She called 911 then me I ran down just as he was leaving in his car brand new porshe panorama, temporary plates he backed out of his parking space and I stood in front of his car the detain him citizens arrest till the police arrived while I was also calling them .. He stopped for several seconds but then when he realized who I was he gunned it all on camera btw hitting me and driving me back 8-10 feet till I went to the side and he took off... Ironically we saw him at a bar and grill later that night.. Stepped out without saying a word before he saw me and i called police who arrested him on the first adw, he bailed out the next morning now the da has the second video car and they said going to file again and re arrest for a second asw... Do i have a suit? He lives in a 3.1m dollar house in Capistrano Beach.. How much do you think I can sue for and how is that paid off he's in prison? Thank you so much for any help
Your state is California then, correct? I know of only one Capistrano Beach.

Yes. You can file a civil action against the fellow who knocked you over the head with a beer mug. If successful with your suit, you can be awarded damages to compensate you for your losses (e.g., medical expenses, lost wages).

You can discuss the assault and your injuries with an attorney in your area.

Good luck.

Jackoc

That is covered by restitution

Hi Thank you for the response... The DA told me the medical bills loss of wages etc are covered by restitution not a civil suit and will be part of his conviction and will definately be paid if convicted or plea bargains. I was asking about a civil suit for lifetime facial scarring, pain suffering, dizzyness, blurry vision etc... Any idea if that suit should be successful and how much are fjords cases usually worth

HRZ

WId guess...Unless you have an already established modeling career which this scar just nixed or a career such as a pilot where a bit of blurry vision and dizziness is a career ender I don't think you hit the lottery and it seems unlikely that it can be postured as loss of vital anything ...and for all you know the bad apple is living on debt and his mothers near bullet proof trust ..and he has very shallow pockets = not much interest to a top line PI lawyer

that said , explore your options with a good PI lawyer hey you might find out a criminal conviction puts him on short list to be deported to North Korea or some place...and you get to wave as he boards the plane

quincy

Hi Thank you for the response... The DA told me the medical bills loss of wages etc are covered by restitution not a civil suit and will be part of his conviction and will definately be paid if convicted or plea bargains. I was asking about a civil suit for lifetime facial scarring, pain suffering, dizzyness, blurry vision etc... Any idea if that suit should be successful and how much are fjords cases usually worth
Restitution is, as the DA said, likely to be ordered upon his conviction. This does not preclude a civil action seeking damages for the same injury.

A personal injury lawyer can personally review the facts to see what is reasonable to seek.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">