• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for a court case...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crowhop85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ...concerning a miscarriage allegedly caused by the stress of the responsibilities of a sales job. What I was told was that a woman sued her employer for a miscarriage due to the stress of reporting her potential sales numbers each week/month. Not sure where to look or if I can even locate something like that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ...concerning a miscarriage allegedly caused by the stress of the responsibilities of a sales job. What I was told was that a woman sued her employer for a miscarriage due to the stress of reporting her potential sales numbers each week/month. Not sure where to look or if I can even locate something like that.
That is not the purpose of this forum. If you have a legal question, please tell us the name of your US state and ask your question.

PayrollHRGuy

To the OP,

Please note that that first link in the search that AdjusterJack posted was a UK case NOT US. The Florida case was dismissed, the second link, was dismissed. And even it was WAY more complex than simply having a pregnancy related issue along with stress.

FlyingRon

The Florida one (Perez v. Bell South) was pretty laughable. The prosecution expert's theory had more holes in it than Sonny Corleone at the toll booth.

There are several more: Tubbs v. TWU/American, Richman v. Precisionaire and a bunch of non-occupational "stress caused my miscarriage" suits.

I'm not seeing any that the plaintiff prevailed in. Most got pretty much summarily. dismissed.

quincy

Personal injury/wrongful death lawsuits are fact-specific and most will rely heavily on expert testimony. Reviewing cases from other states or other countries will be of limited value if you had a miscarriage and want to connect it to stress in your workplace.

Here is a link to a 2017 article written by Fan Qu, Yan Will and Paul J. Hardiman for Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group, on studies centering on "The association between psychological stress and miscarriage: A systematic review and meta-analysis."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5431920/#sec1title

This type of lawsuit can be very expensive to pursue. If this is an issue you are personally facing now, you will want advice and guidance from an attorney in whatever state or area of the world you happen to reside. A lawsuit of this sort would not be a do-it-yourself project.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ...concerning a miscarriage allegedly caused by the stress of the responsibilities of a sales job. What I was told was that a woman sued her employer for a miscarriage due to the stress of reporting her potential sales numbers each week/month. Not sure where to look or if I can even locate something like that

It would be the case of harrasment.
No. It would not be harassment for an employer to expect his employee to fulfill the duties of her job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">