• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hoping someone mite b able to help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobofhat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I'm in uk I no it says us law but hoping someone mite b able to help
I got ticket for going in bus lane

The PCN states that they may increase the penalty and issue a charge certificate if the PCN is not paid within the 28 day period, the only 28 day period given is 28 days from the date of the notice. This is wrong, the relevant period that must elapse before the authority may increase the charge by 50% is 28 days starting with the day of service of the PCN, which is two days after the date of issue. This is prejudicial and means the PCN must be cancelled, appeals have been won on this basis before,

Dose what this person is saying seem right
Thank

quincy

The PCN states that they may increase the penalty and issue a charge certificate if the PCN is not paid within the 28 day period, the only 28 day period given is 28 days from the date of the notice. This is wrong, the relevant period that must elapse before the authority may increase the charge by 50% is 28 days starting with the day of service of the PCN, which is two days after the date of issue. This is prejudicial and means the PCN must be cancelled, appeals have been won on this basis before,

Thank
The laws in the UK are different from the laws in the US. There are U.K. forums where you can ask your questions and get responses applicable to you. I suggest you repost to one of those forums. Thanks.

Just Blue

Thank
The word is "might"... A "mite" is a very very small insect.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Not only do we not deal with UK law, but you're writing like a 12 year old texting his friends so maybe it's time for you to grow up and leave.

Sorry, but even though it's only Monday I've already met my quota for dealing with dumb people for the week.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps English in the UK and English in the US have diverged more than we suspect?

quincy

Bobofhat, here is a U.K. legal advice forum you can try: http://www.thelawforum.co.uk

This is not an endorsement, by the way. I know nothing about the site except that it handles U.K. law questions.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">