• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Towed Out of Town

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KellyStreet079

I was employed at a diner I’m the state of Kentucky when my car broke down on me in the parking lot. My boss kept assuring me that I could leave it there until I figured out what to do with it. I quit but kept tabs on the vehicle, and my boyfriend continued to work there as the assistant manager. My boss continued contact with me, assuring me that my car was okay and asking me if I was interested in returning to work for him.

My boyfriend quit, and the boss texted him and asked if he could move the car. My boyfriend responded and said that we could move it that week.
We drove by two days later and my car was gone.

Now here’s where I’m looking at connecting this to possibly a small claims court or something similar:
- The car is in MY name and I was not once contacted in interest of moving it despite being contacted in interest of employment.
- The tow company in question was called from out of town, nearly into the next city.
-I was told the vehicle could be parked there, at the 24/7 diner in question, with no given deadline to move it. There are NO “customer Parking only” signs, etc.

Is there something I can do for this? I’m only interested in the retrieval of my vehicle.

Thank you in advance!

Just Blue

I was employed at a diner I’m the state of Kentucky when my car broke down on me in the parking lot. My boss kept assuring me that I could leave it there until I figured out what to do with it. I quit but kept tabs on the vehicle, and my boyfriend continued to work there as the assistant manager. My boss continued contact with me, assuring me that my car was okay and asking me if I was interested in returning to work for him.

My boyfriend quit, and the boss texted him and asked if he could move the car. My boyfriend responded and said that we could move it that week.
We drove by two days later and my car was gone.

Now here’s where I’m looking at connecting this to possibly a small claims court or something similar:
- The car is in MY name and I was not once contacted in interest of moving it despite being contacted in interest of employment.
- The tow company in question was called from out of town, nearly into the next city.
-I was told the vehicle could be parked there, at the 24/7 diner in question, with no given deadline to move it. There are NO “customer Parking only” signs, etc.

Is there something I can do for this? I’m only interested in the retrieval of my vehicle.

Thank you in advance!
How long was your car there before it was towed?

xylene

You really needed to move it immediately as soon as you were asked, not a week later. If you had some sense you would have moved it asap when bf quit. I don't see how you have any case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">