• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft By Deception????? NIGHTMARE!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The answer is that you will need a lawyer. You should have had one the moment you were served the papers. They would have told you how to handle continuance or appearance that would have avoided you being locked up as a fugitive.

I'm only slightly surprised by the high retainer. This is a felony and there's going to be a lot of legal work even before the thing gets to trial.
Hopefully a lawyer can challenge the indictment or probable cause in that there was no intent to decieve. You've not actually given the pertinent details on your case (just your personal drama), but I can bet the STATE (and understand at this point it is not "that customer" vs. you at this point, but the Commonwealth of Kentucky vs. you) is going to argue that you took money via ebay for stuff you never intended to deliver.
Psst! Check the date. ;)

Some idiot spammer has been resurrecting these old threads in an effort to redirect traffic to his own website.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Psst...thread is from 2006. Who's going around opening all these old threads, anyway?

FlyingRon

Apparenlty a spammer and they're post was reported and went poof but left this thread in the "new post" status.

quincy

Apparenlty a spammer and they're post was reported and went poof but left this thread in the "new post" status.
That happens a lot. If a post is reported, it helps to have the one who reported the post add a post to the thread noting it is an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">